Recruitment Page || Bishop's Church Drive || Council Growth
“Why should I join the Knights of Columbus”?
Here are six great reasons to continue what you are doing, however, do it as a Knight.
Six Great Reasons to Join the Knights of Columbus:
- You Can Change Lives – The Supreme Knight and the Board of Directors has forged a partnership with the Global Wheelchair Mission, which provides low-cost, high-quality wheelchairs to poor people around the world. The Supreme Knight has personally seen in Haiti how a wheel chair can change a life. During his experience in Haiti, he joined others in lifting people into wheelchairs who were injured in the earthquake. In addition, the Order is making available prosthetic limbs to all children who lost a limb in the Haiti earthquake, at no charge.
- You Can Save Lives – The Knights of Columbus is dedicated to providing ultrasound machines to pro-life pregnancy centers across the United States. Thus far, over 500 machines have been delivered to centers across this country. One machine saved a set of twins when the mother canceled a scheduled abortion after seeing the babies on an ultrasound. She was the first woman to have an ultra- sound on that machine.
- You Can Help Build Up the Church – As stated by Pope John Paul II, The Knights of Columbus is the strong right arm of the Church and the helping hand of every pastor. The Order is an ardent supporter of vocations to the priesthood and religious life, and many of the newest vocations today come directly from Knights of Columbus families and the members of college councils.
- You Can Discern Your Own Vocation – Whether God is calling you to priesthood or the lay life, membership in the Knights of Columbus is a sure way to discern just what God has in mind for you. In the fraternal company of like-minded Catholic men; in the process of planning and carrying out charitable and religious programs with your council, and in prayerful reflection at spiritual events, you are more likely to hear God’s call, and to have the courage and conviction to respond with generosity.
- You Can Develop Leadership Skills – As a knight, men are called to be not only tomorrow’s leaders, but the leaders of today. By joining a Catholic organization of 1.8 million men and their families, a man has a built-in structure and tradition through which to express his individual talents and skills and build them as he moves along the leadership positions in his council.
- You Can Protect Your Family – As a Knight you have exclusive access to top rated insurance protection for your family. We provide financial security to members and their families without compromise to the highest ethical and moral standards aligned with our Catholic faith. How strong and secure? There is no more highly rated insurer in North America than the Knights of Columbus!
The Knights of Columbus is the place to match your life,
your actions and your faith together in
“The Experience of a Lifetime”
Download Why Join - 6 Reasons